‘Afzal hanging will heighten tension in Kashmir’
Srinagar: Separatist groups Hurriyat
Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and JKLF on Friday warned
of "consequences" if Union Home Ministry`s recommendation to
the President to reject the mercy petition of Parliament
attack convict Afzal Guru is implemented.
"The responsibility for the consequences of acting in
haste on the recommendation of the Home Ministry on Afzal
Guru’s mercy petition will rest with Government of India",
Mirwaiz said in his address to a Friday congregation at Jamia
He said if Guru is hanged, tension in Kashmir will be
"Government of India talks about confidence-building
measures for improving the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
What kind of CBM will be if Afzal Guru is hanged"? he said.
Mirwaiz asked BJP and other political parties to stop
"playing politics" over Afzal Guroo’s hanging.
JKLF vice chairman Bashir Ahmad Bhat said hanging Guru
will endanger peace in South Asian region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi