‘Afzal hanging will heighten tension in Kashmir’
Srinagar: Separatist groups Hurriyat
Conference chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and JKLF on Friday warned
of "consequences" if Union Home Ministry`s recommendation to
the President to reject the mercy petition of Parliament
attack convict Afzal Guru is implemented.
"The responsibility for the consequences of acting in
haste on the recommendation of the Home Ministry on Afzal
Guru’s mercy petition will rest with Government of India",
Mirwaiz said in his address to a Friday congregation at Jamia
He said if Guru is hanged, tension in Kashmir will be
"Government of India talks about confidence-building
measures for improving the situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
What kind of CBM will be if Afzal Guru is hanged"? he said.
Mirwaiz asked BJP and other political parties to stop
"playing politics" over Afzal Guroo’s hanging.
JKLF vice chairman Bashir Ahmad Bhat said hanging Guru
will endanger peace in South Asian region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley