Air Chief reviews preparedness at frontline bases in J&K
Srinagar: Modernisation and operational preparedness of the frontline IAF bases including Srinagar and Avantipur in Jammu and Kashmir was on Thursday reviewed by IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N A K Browne.
The IAF Chief, who is is on a two-day visit to Awantipur and Srinagar bases, was received here by Air Officer Commanding Srinagar, Air Commodore D Choudhury, IAF officials said.
Browne also visited squadron of recently-inducted Mi-17V5 helicopters at the air base which plays a crucial role in providing aerial support to the local army formations there.
The air base is also one of the over 30 air stations of the force to be upgraded under the Modernisation of Airfield Infrastructure (MAFI) project of the air force.
In his address to the station personnel, he said, "I am happy to be in the field, amongst you... Srinagar is our premier frontline airbase, which is also slated for major upgradation as a part of our ongoing modernisation drive."
During the visit, the Air Chief is also scheduled to call on Jammu and Kashmir Governor Narinder Nath Vohra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends