Air traffic to, fro J&K resumes after 2-day break
Srinagar: Air traffic to and fro Kashmir
Valley resumed on Tuesday after remaining suspended for two days as
airlines operated 20 flights in view of large number of
stranded persons following heavy snowfall over the weekend.
Official sources said seven additional flights flew into
Srinagar International Airport today besides the 13
scheduled flights as the weather improved in the Valley,
allowing resumption of flight operations.
Air India operated three additional flights, Jet Airways
two additional flights while Indigo and Kingfisher operated
one additional flight each, the sources said.
They said more than 3500 passengers travelled into or
out of the Valley on today`s flights which were packed to
Air traffic was suspended on Sunday and Monday due to
poor visibility and accumulation of snow on the runaway.
The Valley had remained cut off from rest of the country
since Sunday as the arterial Srinagar-Jammu National Highway
has also been closed Sunday morning.
Thousands of people, including tourists in Kashmir,
have been stranded on either side of the Pir Panjal range
following snapping of transportation links on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday