All in favour of implementating 73rd amendment: Tara Chand
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Friday said the issue of empowerment of Panchayati Raj systems in the state should not be politicised as the government is committed to it.
"I think we should not politicise this. Our government and our party is committed to it so that people are empowered under the system," the deputy chief minister told reporters here after flagging off a students` batch for country-wide tour this evening.
"Nobody wants to become a hurdle in it. Neither any MLA nor any party. Endeavour of all is to implement it as soon as possible," he said.
He was replying to a question about Congress and its state chief asking Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to implement 73rd amendment to empower Panchayat Raj system in the state and Abdullah turning it down and allegedly blaming MLAs and Congress Ministers for becoming hurdle in its implementation.
"There is no such thing (differences between two partners). This thing (73rd amendment) was discussed thread- bare in coordination committee meeting of which I am member. It was decided there and it was also decided in Cabinet meetings," he said.
Regarding opposition from MLAs, he said there is no hurdle from them as their Constituency Development Fund has been increased and their contact with people is neither distanced nor snapped.
"Our government is committed to the empowerment of the Panchayati Raj system in J&K. Elections were held with majority of participation, now the Block Development councils (BDCs) would be formed and later district level councils," he said, adding, concerned ministry has already announced it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform