All in favour of implementating 73rd amendment: Tara Chand
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand on Friday said the issue of empowerment of Panchayati Raj systems in the state should not be politicised as the government is committed to it.
"I think we should not politicise this. Our government and our party is committed to it so that people are empowered under the system," the deputy chief minister told reporters here after flagging off a students` batch for country-wide tour this evening.
"Nobody wants to become a hurdle in it. Neither any MLA nor any party. Endeavour of all is to implement it as soon as possible," he said.
He was replying to a question about Congress and its state chief asking Chief Minister Omar Abdullah to implement 73rd amendment to empower Panchayat Raj system in the state and Abdullah turning it down and allegedly blaming MLAs and Congress Ministers for becoming hurdle in its implementation.
"There is no such thing (differences between two partners). This thing (73rd amendment) was discussed thread- bare in coordination committee meeting of which I am member. It was decided there and it was also decided in Cabinet meetings," he said.
Regarding opposition from MLAs, he said there is no hurdle from them as their Constituency Development Fund has been increased and their contact with people is neither distanced nor snapped.
"Our government is committed to the empowerment of the Panchayati Raj system in J&K. Elections were held with majority of participation, now the Block Development councils (BDCs) would be formed and later district level councils," he said, adding, concerned ministry has already announced it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details