All-party meeting holds deliberations on Kashmir situation
Srinagar: An all-party meeting convened
by Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today held
deliberations on the current situation in the Kashmir Valley,
with main opposition PDP staying away from it.
Leaders of major political parties, including the
ruling National Conference, Congress, CPI-M and BJP, attended
the conference from which JK Panthers Party led by Bhim Singh
also kept away.
The Chief Minister had convened the meeting "for a
comprehensive analysis of the situation and to jointly lay a
road map" for the betterment of the people.
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief Mehbooba Mufti
had maintained that "nothing will come out" of the exercise
and had rejected an appeal by the Prime Minister and the Chief
Minister to attend the meeting.
The Panthers Party also dubbed it as a "purposeless
Requesting the Prime Minister to intervene, Mehbooba
had said he had the authority to take an initiative that would
be regarded seriously by the people.
The invitation was extended to all 12 recognised
political parties and groups for the meeting. These were
National Conference, Congress, PDP, BJP, Panthers Party,
CPI-M, CPI, Peoples Democratic Forum, Democratic Party
(Nationalist), Bahujan Samaj Party, Rashtriya Janata Dal and
Nationalist Congress Party.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!