Allahabad HC defers hearing on transfer of seven cops from Muzaffarnagar
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday deferred the hearing on a petition filed by seven policemen belonging to Jat community, who had challenged their transfer from Muzaffarnagar district in the aftermath of recent riots.
Justice Sudhir Agarwal deferred hearing on the petition of Pankaj Kumar and six others after counsel for the Uttar Pradesh government S M A Kazmi submitted a copy of the Supreme Court order staying the proceedings here.
The SC had stayed the proceedings on an appeal by the UP government that the matter be clubbed with other petitions, relating to the Muzaffarnagar riots.
The petitioners, who had been transferred last month to places far away from the western UP district, had alleged that the action was taken at the behest of state cabinet minister Azam Khan.
The court had, while staying the transfers on September 30, issued notice to Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!