Allahabad HC defers hearing on transfer of seven cops from Muzaffarnagar
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday deferred the hearing on a petition filed by seven policemen belonging to Jat community, who had challenged their transfer from Muzaffarnagar district in the aftermath of recent riots.
Justice Sudhir Agarwal deferred hearing on the petition of Pankaj Kumar and six others after counsel for the Uttar Pradesh government S M A Kazmi submitted a copy of the Supreme Court order staying the proceedings here.
The SC had stayed the proceedings on an appeal by the UP government that the matter be clubbed with other petitions, relating to the Muzaffarnagar riots.
The petitioners, who had been transferred last month to places far away from the western UP district, had alleged that the action was taken at the behest of state cabinet minister Azam Khan.
The court had, while staying the transfers on September 30, issued notice to Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof