Allahabad HC defers hearing on transfer of seven cops from Muzaffarnagar
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday deferred the hearing on a petition filed by seven policemen belonging to Jat community, who had challenged their transfer from Muzaffarnagar district in the aftermath of recent riots.
Justice Sudhir Agarwal deferred hearing on the petition of Pankaj Kumar and six others after counsel for the Uttar Pradesh government S M A Kazmi submitted a copy of the Supreme Court order staying the proceedings here.
The SC had stayed the proceedings on an appeal by the UP government that the matter be clubbed with other petitions, relating to the Muzaffarnagar riots.
The petitioners, who had been transferred last month to places far away from the western UP district, had alleged that the action was taken at the behest of state cabinet minister Azam Khan.
The court had, while staying the transfers on September 30, issued notice to Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test