‘Allegations of Geelani fiction and imagination’
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has termed as "fiction" and "imagination" the allegations of hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani about settling RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley in the garb of return of Kashmiri Pandits.
"Glad to see SASG`s (Syed Ali Shah Geelani) imagination and ability to create fiction has not dulled with age," he wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com in response to the Hurriyat leader`s allegations.
Geelani, at a press conference yesterday, claimed that the government was planning to settle RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley, in the garb of return of Kashmiri Pandit migrants, to change the demographics of the area.
The Hurriyat Chairman said he was not against return of the Pandits but urged them to go to the places where they used to live before migration.
Omar dared Geelani to come out with the truth about his stand on the return of Kashmiri Pandits.
"If he wants to oppose Pandits` return, he should say so," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Russia announces aid operation for Syria`s besieged Aleppo
- Democratic National Convention: In speech of her life, Hillary Clinton to say 'US at moment of reckoning'
- Security agencies have advised PM Modi to speak from within bulletproof enclosure on Independence Day: Report
- US women lawmakers back Hillary Clinton as next US President
- South Sudan on brink of an abyss: UN chief