‘Allegations of Geelani fiction and imagination’
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has termed as "fiction" and "imagination" the allegations of hardline Hurriyat Conference leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani about settling RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley in the garb of return of Kashmiri Pandits.
"Glad to see SASG`s (Syed Ali Shah Geelani) imagination and ability to create fiction has not dulled with age," he wrote on the micro-blogging site twitter.com in response to the Hurriyat leader`s allegations.
Geelani, at a press conference yesterday, claimed that the government was planning to settle RSS and Sangh Parivar members in the Valley, in the garb of return of Kashmiri Pandit migrants, to change the demographics of the area.
The Hurriyat Chairman said he was not against return of the Pandits but urged them to go to the places where they used to live before migration.
Omar dared Geelani to come out with the truth about his stand on the return of Kashmiri Pandits.
"If he wants to oppose Pandits` return, he should say so," the Chief Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state