Amarnath cave to have mobile connectivity: SASB
Jammu: In good news for thousands of
devotees visiting the Amarnath cave shrine in Jammu and
Kashmir, the place will soon have mobile connectivity ahead of
the annual pilgrimage this year.
"Cave shrine and enroute would now have mobile
connectivity and landline service via Pahalgam and Baltal
routes in Kashmir valley during this year annual pilgrimage",
CEO, Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB), R K Goyal said.
These facilities shall be provided by the Bharat Sanchar
Nigam Limited (BSNL) during Amarnath yatra this year, he said
adding that a detailed plan was being prepared by the BSNL.
He said the decision was taken at a high level meeting
under chairmanship of Union Telecom secretary, P J Thomas.
Goyal, who is also Principal Secretary to J&K Governor, N
N Vohra, said the Board has been working on a number of other
important issues, including initiation of a clear-cut process
to register the pilgrims, providing them insurance against
accidental death and improving community kitchens.
The Board is also finalising locations for various camps
along the route with provisions for various utilities, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'