Amarnath cave to have mobile connectivity: SASB
Jammu: In good news for thousands of
devotees visiting the Amarnath cave shrine in Jammu and
Kashmir, the place will soon have mobile connectivity ahead of
the annual pilgrimage this year.
"Cave shrine and enroute would now have mobile
connectivity and landline service via Pahalgam and Baltal
routes in Kashmir valley during this year annual pilgrimage",
CEO, Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB), R K Goyal said.
These facilities shall be provided by the Bharat Sanchar
Nigam Limited (BSNL) during Amarnath yatra this year, he said
adding that a detailed plan was being prepared by the BSNL.
He said the decision was taken at a high level meeting
under chairmanship of Union Telecom secretary, P J Thomas.
Goyal, who is also Principal Secretary to J&K Governor, N
N Vohra, said the Board has been working on a number of other
important issues, including initiation of a clear-cut process
to register the pilgrims, providing them insurance against
accidental death and improving community kitchens.
The Board is also finalising locations for various camps
along the route with provisions for various utilities, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’