Amarnath cave to have mobile connectivity: SASB
Jammu: In good news for thousands of
devotees visiting the Amarnath cave shrine in Jammu and
Kashmir, the place will soon have mobile connectivity ahead of
the annual pilgrimage this year.
"Cave shrine and enroute would now have mobile
connectivity and landline service via Pahalgam and Baltal
routes in Kashmir valley during this year annual pilgrimage",
CEO, Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB), R K Goyal said.
These facilities shall be provided by the Bharat Sanchar
Nigam Limited (BSNL) during Amarnath yatra this year, he said
adding that a detailed plan was being prepared by the BSNL.
He said the decision was taken at a high level meeting
under chairmanship of Union Telecom secretary, P J Thomas.
Goyal, who is also Principal Secretary to J&K Governor, N
N Vohra, said the Board has been working on a number of other
important issues, including initiation of a clear-cut process
to register the pilgrims, providing them insurance against
accidental death and improving community kitchens.
The Board is also finalising locations for various camps
along the route with provisions for various utilities, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi