Amarnath pilgrim killed in road accident
Srinagar: An Amarnath pilgrim was killed and two other injured today when the mini-bus they were travelling in was hit by another vehicle on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway, police said.
A mini-bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims to Srinagar from Jammu was hit by an unidentified vehicle at Drangbal near Pampore, 16 km from here, injuring three pilgrims, a police spokesman said.
He said the injured pilgrims - Gopal Adikari, Daleep Banerjee and Shiv Nath Kundroo (all residents of West Bengal) - were rushed to Soura Medical Institute where Adikari succumbed to his injuries.
Banerjee and Kundroo were referred to the Bone and Joints hospital for further treatment, the spokesman added.
Police has registered a case and search was on for the vehicle and its driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling