Amarnath pilgrim killed in road accident
Srinagar: An Amarnath pilgrim was killed and two other injured today when the mini-bus they were travelling in was hit by another vehicle on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway, police said.
A mini-bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims to Srinagar from Jammu was hit by an unidentified vehicle at Drangbal near Pampore, 16 km from here, injuring three pilgrims, a police spokesman said.
He said the injured pilgrims - Gopal Adikari, Daleep Banerjee and Shiv Nath Kundroo (all residents of West Bengal) - were rushed to Soura Medical Institute where Adikari succumbed to his injuries.
Banerjee and Kundroo were referred to the Bone and Joints hospital for further treatment, the spokesman added.
Police has registered a case and search was on for the vehicle and its driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons