Amarnath pilgrim killed in road accident
Srinagar: An Amarnath pilgrim was killed and two other injured today when the mini-bus they were travelling in was hit by another vehicle on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway, police said.
A mini-bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims to Srinagar from Jammu was hit by an unidentified vehicle at Drangbal near Pampore, 16 km from here, injuring three pilgrims, a police spokesman said.
He said the injured pilgrims - Gopal Adikari, Daleep Banerjee and Shiv Nath Kundroo (all residents of West Bengal) - were rushed to Soura Medical Institute where Adikari succumbed to his injuries.
Banerjee and Kundroo were referred to the Bone and Joints hospital for further treatment, the spokesman added.
Police has registered a case and search was on for the vehicle and its driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery