Amarnath pilgrim killed in road accident
Srinagar: An Amarnath pilgrim was killed and two other injured today when the mini-bus they were travelling in was hit by another vehicle on the Srinagar-Jammu national highway, police said.
A mini-bus carrying Amarnath pilgrims to Srinagar from Jammu was hit by an unidentified vehicle at Drangbal near Pampore, 16 km from here, injuring three pilgrims, a police spokesman said.
He said the injured pilgrims - Gopal Adikari, Daleep Banerjee and Shiv Nath Kundroo (all residents of West Bengal) - were rushed to Soura Medical Institute where Adikari succumbed to his injuries.
Banerjee and Kundroo were referred to the Bone and Joints hospital for further treatment, the spokesman added.
Police has registered a case and search was on for the vehicle and its driver.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!