Amarnath yatra: 1,504 pilgrims in 25th batch
Jammu: Amid tight security, 25th batch
of pilgrims comprising 1,504 people on Sunday left for the
Amarnath yatra from here, police said.
As many as 895 men, 297 women, 35 children and 277
`sadhus` left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here this
morning in a cavalcade of 50 vehicles for the 13,500-feet high
cave shrine situated in south Kashmir Himalayas.
With today`s batch, as many as 68,771 pilgrims have left
Jammu in 25 batches for their journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter