Amarnath yatra: 1,504 pilgrims in 25th batch
Jammu: Amid tight security, 25th batch
of pilgrims comprising 1,504 people on Sunday left for the
Amarnath yatra from here, police said.
As many as 895 men, 297 women, 35 children and 277
`sadhus` left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp here this
morning in a cavalcade of 50 vehicles for the 13,500-feet high
cave shrine situated in south Kashmir Himalayas.
With today`s batch, as many as 68,771 pilgrims have left
Jammu in 25 batches for their journey to the cave shrine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended