Amarnath yatra: 2.44 lakh pilgrims pay obeisance
Jammu: As many as 2.44 lakh pilgrims paid obeisance at holy ice lingum of Lord Shiva in cave shrine of Amarnath in Jammu and Kashmir till on Tuesday, an official said.
"As many as 2,44,322 pilgrims paid obeisance at holy ice lingum of Lord Shiva at Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas till today," an official spokesman said here.
"As many as 12,431 pilgrims performed darshan of ice lingam at the holy cave today," he said.
With sufficient improvement in weather conditions in the yatra area, the yatris who travelled towards the holy cave today from Baltal and Chandanwari as well as the yatris who had to stay at intermediate camps yesterday, paid darshan at the holy cave today, he said.
The annual pilgrimage was started on June 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family