Amarnath Yatra: Additional security forces to be deployed
Srinagar: A senior official of the Union Home Ministry on Tuesday said additional security forces would be deployed during the annual Amarnath yatra scheduled to begin later this month.
"Addtional security forces are being provided to the state for effective arrangements for the yatra," Ajay Chadha, Special Secretary for Internal Security in the Union Home Ministry, said during a meeting with Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra.
Accompanied by Joint Secretary (Kashmir) in the Union Home Ministry K Skandan, Chadha called on Vohra, who is also chairman of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board, at Raj Bhavan, an official spokesman said.
Chadha briefed the Governor about his aerial reconnaissance of the Amarnath Yatra route and deployments being made for providing effective security to this year’s annual pilgrimage, the spokesman said.
The yatra to the 3,880-mt high holy cave shrine of Amarnath is scheduled to commence on June 25 from both Chandanwari and Baltal routes.
So far, over three lakh devotees from across the country have registered themselves for the annual pilgrimage.
During the meeting, the Governor discussed the importance of traffic being effectively regulated during the Yatra period which would also be the peak tourist arrival season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days