Amarnath yatra begins from Pahalgam route
Srinagar: The yatra to the Holy Cave Shrine of Amarnath on Wednesday started from the traditional Pahalgam route, four days after the annual pilgrimage began on the shorter Baltal route.
"The yatra to the Holy Cave of Shri Amarnathji commenced today from the Chandanwari route also and 4,166 pilgrims left from here to the Holy Cave," a spokesman of the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) said.
From the Baltal route, 8,922 yatris left for the Holy cave, he said, adding that till date, 61,156 pilgrims had darshan of the `ice lingam`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!