Amarnath Yatra crosses 2 lakh pilgrim mark
Jammu: The number of pilgrims who have paid obeisance at the Amarnath shrine this year has crossed the two lakh mark.
"As many as 2,10,524 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas till last night," officials associated with the Yatra said today.
Over 21,000 more devotees are on their way to the cave shrine today from the two identified routes of Baltal and Pahalgam.
"The yatra is going on smoothly as pilgrims are paying obeisance without any difficulty," they said.
The religious voyage, which started after Prathum Pooja by state Governor N N Vohra at the cave shrine, will conclude on August 2 coinciding with Rakhsha Bandhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?