Amarnath Yatra crosses 2 lakh pilgrim mark
Jammu: The number of pilgrims who have paid obeisance at the Amarnath shrine this year has crossed the two lakh mark.
"As many as 2,10,524 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas till last night," officials associated with the Yatra said today.
Over 21,000 more devotees are on their way to the cave shrine today from the two identified routes of Baltal and Pahalgam.
"The yatra is going on smoothly as pilgrims are paying obeisance without any difficulty," they said.
The religious voyage, which started after Prathum Pooja by state Governor N N Vohra at the cave shrine, will conclude on August 2 coinciding with Rakhsha Bandhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015