Amarnath Yatra crosses 2 lakh pilgrim mark
Jammu: The number of pilgrims who have paid obeisance at the Amarnath shrine this year has crossed the two lakh mark.
"As many as 2,10,524 pilgrims have paid obeisance at the Ice Lingam of Lord Shiva at Amarnath shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas till last night," officials associated with the Yatra said today.
Over 21,000 more devotees are on their way to the cave shrine today from the two identified routes of Baltal and Pahalgam.
"The yatra is going on smoothly as pilgrims are paying obeisance without any difficulty," they said.
The religious voyage, which started after Prathum Pooja by state Governor N N Vohra at the cave shrine, will conclude on August 2 coinciding with Rakhsha Bandhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day