Amarnath yatra: Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,775 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 3,436 men, 1,097 women, 95 children and 147 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 149 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for Amarnath.
With today`s batch, as many as 40,180 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today