Amarnath yatra: Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,775 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 3,436 men, 1,097 women, 95 children and 147 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 149 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for Amarnath.
With today`s batch, as many as 40,180 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!