Amarnath yatra: Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,775 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 3,436 men, 1,097 women, 95 children and 147 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 149 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for Amarnath.
With today`s batch, as many as 40,180 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Pakistan boss Mickey Arthur undaunted by Australia axe
- SHOCKING! Three Bangladesh players accused of match-fixing in Dhaka Premier league
- Lenovo Vibe K5 2nd flash sale tomorrow; registrations till 11.59 pm today
- Mumbai: Drunk girl creates ruckus in Worli Police Station, slaps cop – Watch video
- MS Dhoni has three to four years of cricket left but Virat Kohli should lead India in all formats: Ravi Shastri