Amarnath yatra: Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,775 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 3,436 men, 1,097 women, 95 children and 147 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 149 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for Amarnath.
With today`s batch, as many as 40,180 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room