Amarnath yatra: Fresh batch of pilgrims leaves
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,775 pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 3,436 men, 1,097 women, 95 children and 147 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 149 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for Amarnath.
With today`s batch, as many as 40,180 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest