Amarnath yatra from Pahalgam route resumes
Srinagar: The pilgrimage to the 3,880 metre high cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir Himalayas on Saturday resumed from Pahalgam route after it remained suspended for two days due to inclement weather.
"The yatra has been resumed from traditional Pahalgam route this morning with more than 4,000 pilgrims heading towards the cave shrine," an official said.
The pilgrimage from the Pahalgam route had been suspended since Thursday as a precautionary measure after heavy rains lashed the area.
Meanwhile, another batch of 10,000 pilgrims left the base camp from Baltal for the cave shrine this morning. More than two lakh pilgrims have paid obeisance at the holy cave shrine since the yatra began on June 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'