Amarnath yatra: Governor reviews arrangements
Srinagar: Ahead of the beginning of annual
Amarnath yatra on June 29, Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN
Vohra on Sunday visited the base camps along the Pahalgam and
Baltal routes to the cave shrine in south Kashmir to review
"The Governor, who is also Chairman of the Shri Amarnath
Shrine Board (SASB), visited Baltal, Panjtarni and
Nunwan Camps and reviewed the arrangements made for this
year`s Yatra, scheduled to commence June 29, from Baltal and
Nunwan Base Camps," an official spokesman said.
He said Vohra was accompanied by Sunita Narain, Member
of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board and a well-known
environmentalist, and RK Goyal, Chief Executive Officer of
The Governor reviewed the yatra-related arrangements
particularly the sanitation arrangements, operation of sewage
treatment plant, water and power supply, medicare, access
control, establishment of langars, security and other
He directed the CEO to ensure daily monitoring and
supervision of all arrangements.
He directed all the functionaries involved with the
yatra-related activities to ensure that yatris were provided
the best possible facilities to make the pilgrimage a pleasant
experience, despite the vagaries of weather, difficult terrain
and mountainous tracks.
Vohra instructed that all the necessary sanitation
measures should be effectively enforced to ensure that all
flow of sewage from the camp area have been properly treated
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?