Amarnath yatra: Panel to decide schedule
Srinagar: Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) on Friday constituted a sub-committee headed by Art of Living
founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to decide on the duration of the
annual yatra to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas
from next year.
"The SASB, in a significant decision, decided to set up a
Sub-Committee under the chairmanship of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
to advise the Board regarding the duration and schedule of the
Yatra from 2012," a spokesman of the board said.
He said the decision to set up the sub-committee was taken
at a meeting chaired by Governor NN Vohra, who is also SASB
The meeting reviewed the status of the ongoing yatra and
expressed satisfaction over the continuing efforts for
ensuring progressive improvement in the management of the
The Sub-Committee is likely to commence its work in the
first week of September 2011 and submit its recommendations to
the Shrine Board by December 15 after hearing all the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!