Amarnath yatra suspended from Jammu
Jammu: Authorities on Saturday suspended the Amarnath yatra from here due to heavy rains along the route leading to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A fresh batch of pilgrims was not allowed to proceed from the base camp of Bhagwati Nagar for onward journey due to overnight rains along the routes between Baltal and Nunwan camps in Pahalgam to the shrine, police said.
The tense situation in Kashmir also led authorities to stop another batch from proceeding, they said.
This is for the fifth time that the Amarnath yatra has been suspended from here since it commenced on June 30.
According to officials, more than 4.50 lakh pilgrims have so far paid their obeisance at the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama