Amarnath yatra suspended from Jammu
Jammu: Authorities on Saturday suspended the Amarnath yatra from here due to heavy rains along the route leading to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A fresh batch of pilgrims was not allowed to proceed from the base camp of Bhagwati Nagar for onward journey due to overnight rains along the routes between Baltal and Nunwan camps in Pahalgam to the shrine, police said.
The tense situation in Kashmir also led authorities to stop another batch from proceeding, they said.
This is for the fifth time that the Amarnath yatra has been suspended from here since it commenced on June 30.
According to officials, more than 4.50 lakh pilgrims have so far paid their obeisance at the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack