Amarnath yatra suspended from Jammu
Jammu: Authorities on Saturday suspended the Amarnath yatra from here due to heavy rains along the route leading to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A fresh batch of pilgrims was not allowed to proceed from the base camp of Bhagwati Nagar for onward journey due to overnight rains along the routes between Baltal and Nunwan camps in Pahalgam to the shrine, police said.
The tense situation in Kashmir also led authorities to stop another batch from proceeding, they said.
This is for the fifth time that the Amarnath yatra has been suspended from here since it commenced on June 30.
According to officials, more than 4.50 lakh pilgrims have so far paid their obeisance at the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH