Amarnath yatra suspended from Jammu
Jammu: Authorities on Saturday suspended the Amarnath yatra from here due to heavy rains along the route leading to the cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas.
A fresh batch of pilgrims was not allowed to proceed from the base camp of Bhagwati Nagar for onward journey due to overnight rains along the routes between Baltal and Nunwan camps in Pahalgam to the shrine, police said.
The tense situation in Kashmir also led authorities to stop another batch from proceeding, they said.
This is for the fifth time that the Amarnath yatra has been suspended from here since it commenced on June 30.
According to officials, more than 4.50 lakh pilgrims have so far paid their obeisance at the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital