Amarnath Yatra to begin from June 28, registration from March
Jammu: The annual pilgrimage to Amarnath cave shrine will begin from June 28 this year and conclude on August 10, it was announced on Monday.
The yatra period this year will be of 44 days, 10 days less than last year.
Keeping in mind the safety and security of the pilgrims, the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) has decided the schedule for the 44-day pilgrimage, a SASB spokesman said here.
Considering the present carrying capacity of the tracks and other available infrastructure on the yatra route to the Himalayan cave shrine of Lord Shiva, the Board decided that 7,500 visitors, excluding those who would travel by helicopters to Panjtarni, would be allowed to register for the pilgrimage on per day, per route basis, he said.
The registration process will commence from March 1.
The decisions were taken by SASB headed by its chairman NN Vohra, Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, during a three-hour meeting of the Board which in New Delhi.
Regarding the duration and commencement of the Amarnath Yatra, the Board relied upon the approach set out by its sub-committee, chaired by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, which had been set up in July 2011 to advise on the duration and schedule of future yatras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh