Amarnath Yatra to begin from June 28, registration from March
Jammu: The annual pilgrimage to Amarnath cave shrine will begin from June 28 this year and conclude on August 10, it was announced on Monday.
The yatra period this year will be of 44 days, 10 days less than last year.
Keeping in mind the safety and security of the pilgrims, the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB) has decided the schedule for the 44-day pilgrimage, a SASB spokesman said here.
Considering the present carrying capacity of the tracks and other available infrastructure on the yatra route to the Himalayan cave shrine of Lord Shiva, the Board decided that 7,500 visitors, excluding those who would travel by helicopters to Panjtarni, would be allowed to register for the pilgrimage on per day, per route basis, he said.
The registration process will commence from March 1.
The decisions were taken by SASB headed by its chairman NN Vohra, Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, during a three-hour meeting of the Board which in New Delhi.
Regarding the duration and commencement of the Amarnath Yatra, the Board relied upon the approach set out by its sub-committee, chaired by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, which had been set up in July 2011 to advise on the duration and schedule of future yatras.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur