Amarnath Yatra to begin from June 28: Report
Jammu: The religious voyage to Amarnath, the holy Himalayan cave shrine of Lord Shiva in south Kashmir, will begin from June 28 this year, it was reported on Thursday.
The schedule of the religious voyage was announced by the Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB).
As per SASB sources, the Amarnath Yatra would be a 55-day long affair this year.
As per reports, the annual pilgrimage to Amarnath would commence on June 28 and conclude on Raksha Bandhan on August 21.
The board, headed by its chairman Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, had met in January to take stock of situation and make preparations for the annual pilgrimage.
During a three-hour meeting, which was held in New Delhi, the Board directed its CEO Navin Choudhary to arrange a special Pooja on Jyesth Purnima on June 23.
The Board noted that last year on June 25, the date on which yatra had commenced, there was heavy frozen snow accumulation in the Domel, Sheshnag and holy cave camp areas because of which it was difficult to set up power and water supply facilities in the yatra camps.
Hence the board decided to fix the date for commencement of the yatra on June 28 this year.
As per reports, the pilgrims will have to furnish a Compulsory Health Certificate while seeking registration for yatra, which will begin on March 18.
To prevent the use of fraudulent health certificates, the Compulsory Health Certificate would be issued only by duly authorised doctors and medical institutes.
All the states and UTs have been asked to furnish a list of doctors and medical institutes who would be authorised to issue the Compulsory Health Certificate to the eligible Yatris of the state and UT, the reports said.
The Board has also decided that no one below the age of 13 years or above 75 years and no pregnant lady with more than six weeks pregnancy should be allowed to undertake the yatra.
Over 100 pilgrims had died during Amarnath Yatra last year.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi