Amarnath Yatra to start from Pahalgam route today
Zee Media Bureau
Srinagar: The annual Amarnath Yatra, which began from the Baltal route in north Kashmir on June 28, will also start from its traditional Pahalgam route on Wednesday.
In a statement, the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) had earlier announced that the Pahalgam-Chandanwari route shall be opened for the Amarnathji Yatra on Wednesday, July 2.
"For the convenience of pilgrims, it was decided that all Yatris who have already obtained registration to travel on the Pahalgam route (in south Kashmir) till July 5 shall, if they so wish, have the option of travelling via the Baltal route on the date for which they possess valid registration,” said the statement.
"Thereafter, from July 6 onwards, the Yatris will be allowed to embark on their pilgrimages only as per the specific date and route for which they possess valid Yatra Permits," added the statement.
It said that the SASB CEO was asked to forthwith commence the facility of on-the-spot registration of pilgrims who wish to travel by the Pahalgam route.
"Such registration will be open for the pilgrims to embark on their yatra via the Pahalgam route only with effect from July 6. This registration would be done at the registration counters which have already been set-up by the SASB at Jammu and Srinagar," it said, adding the facility for on-the-spot registration via the Baltal route has already been opened with effect from June 28.
So far, 14,635 people have performed the Yatra that started on June 28 via the Baltal route in Ganderbal district.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement