Amarnath Yatris should play the role of ambassadors for J&K: Wani
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday appealed to Amarnath pilgrims to be ambassadors of the state and spread the message of peace and normalcy.
"We appeal to the yatris to be ambassadors of the state and spread the message of peace, normalcy and amity so that more and more people come to pay obeisance at the state`s revered shrines," minister for Roads and Buildings and Mechanical Engineering Abdul Majid Wani told reporters.
Wani toady visited the Yatri Niwas here at Bhagwati Nagar - the Jammu base camp and took stock of arrangements and hoped that the day is not far when there will be no need of security to escort the yatris to the holy cave.
The minister said situation in the state is getting normal with every passing day and tourists from across the world are coming in large numbers to enjoy Jammu and Kashmir.
Later, the Wani chaired a high level meeting on the arrangements for yatris and directed officials to ensure all facilities to pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon