Amarnath Yatris should play the role of ambassadors for J&K: Wani
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday appealed to Amarnath pilgrims to be ambassadors of the state and spread the message of peace and normalcy.
"We appeal to the yatris to be ambassadors of the state and spread the message of peace, normalcy and amity so that more and more people come to pay obeisance at the state`s revered shrines," minister for Roads and Buildings and Mechanical Engineering Abdul Majid Wani told reporters.
Wani toady visited the Yatri Niwas here at Bhagwati Nagar - the Jammu base camp and took stock of arrangements and hoped that the day is not far when there will be no need of security to escort the yatris to the holy cave.
The minister said situation in the state is getting normal with every passing day and tourists from across the world are coming in large numbers to enjoy Jammu and Kashmir.
Later, the Wani chaired a high level meeting on the arrangements for yatris and directed officials to ensure all facilities to pilgrims.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement