Amarnath Yatris should play the role of ambassadors for J&K: Wani
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday appealed to Amarnath pilgrims to be ambassadors of the state and spread the message of peace and normalcy.
"We appeal to the yatris to be ambassadors of the state and spread the message of peace, normalcy and amity so that more and more people come to pay obeisance at the state`s revered shrines," minister for Roads and Buildings and Mechanical Engineering Abdul Majid Wani told reporters.
Wani toady visited the Yatri Niwas here at Bhagwati Nagar - the Jammu base camp and took stock of arrangements and hoped that the day is not far when there will be no need of security to escort the yatris to the holy cave.
The minister said situation in the state is getting normal with every passing day and tourists from across the world are coming in large numbers to enjoy Jammu and Kashmir.
Later, the Wani chaired a high level meeting on the arrangements for yatris and directed officials to ensure all facilities to pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine