Amendments to AFSPA pending: Chidambaram
Jammu: Union Home Minister P Chidambaram
on Tuesday said his ministry has sought amendments in the Armed
Forces Special Powers Act (AFSPA) which were pending before
the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS).
"Ministry of Home Affairs has proposed three amendments
in AFSPA. They are under consideration of CCS," he told
However, he did not elaborate on the nature of the
amendments that have been proposed.
Chidambaram was on a day-long visit to Jammu and Kashmir
to review the security situation in the state.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah is pressing strongly for
revocation of AFSPA and reducing foot-prints of the security
forces in the state in a phased manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news