Amid protests, J&K legislature session begins
Jammu: Amid protests and subsequent boycott
by BJP and Jammu and Kashmir National Panthers Party (JKNPP), the state Assembly session began here Thursday with an address by Governor N N Vohra.
As the Governor was about to begin his address to the
state Legislature, BJP MLAs, led by Jugal Kishore resorted to
They told the Governor that there was grave
discrimination with Jammu region in terms of the constitution
of the new Municipal Wards and local body committees.
They demanded resignations of the Ministers of Congress
over the discrimination with Jammu. As the Governor ignored
their speeches and started his address, they walked out of the
central hall amid sloganeering and protests and boycotted the
"We want the resignation of the ministers of Congress for
discrimination with Jammu region for new local body committees
and wards, which were carved out more in Kashmir than in
Jammu", BJP Legislative Party leader Jugal Kishore told
He said that part MLAS have boycotted Governor`s address
in protest against the discrimination with the region on all
fronts. "We will not tolerate this discrimination at all and
will fight against it", he said.
Led by the JKNPP Chairman, Prof Bhim Singh, over 200
activists today marched to towards Jammu and Kashmir Assembly
amid anti-government slogans to ghero the house in support of
their demand for dismissal of Omar Abdullah government.
A heavy police contingent, which had barricaded the road
towards Assembly and Civil Secretariat, did not allow them to
move to house at Shalimar Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy