Amid tight security, 18th batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 18th batch of 2,211 pilgrims Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
The batch, including 1,662 men, 398 women, and 18 children, left in a convoy of 64 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:15 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
With today`s batch, as many as 34,417 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened