Amid tight security, 18th batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 18th batch of 2,211 pilgrims Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
The batch, including 1,662 men, 398 women, and 18 children, left in a convoy of 64 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:15 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
With today`s batch, as many as 34,417 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!