Amid tight security, 18th batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 18th batch of 2,211 pilgrims Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
The batch, including 1,662 men, 398 women, and 18 children, left in a convoy of 64 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at 4:15 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they added.
With today`s batch, as many as 34,417 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city