AMM demands action in Pathribal case
Srinagar: The Awami Mutahida Mahaz (AMM) on Friday termed the Army`s decision to close Pathribal fake encounter case as injustice and sought swift action against the guilty based on CBI findings.
Stating that the Army`s decision giving a clean chit to the accused Army officers, was in contradiction with the CBI`s findings "in which they were indicted for the murder of five civilians".
"The AMM is of the opinion that Army`s decision to close the case drawn on hasty conclusions not only deprives justice to victims, but further erodes the credibility of institutions of probity and fairness," AMM, which is a group of mainstream political parties in Jammu and Kashmir, said in statement.
The Army today closed the Pathribal encounter case and submitted a report to the local court in Srinagar saying it has found no evidence against its accused men, 14 years after the incident rocked the state.
The AMM, which includes the state unit of CPI(M), said the CBI had indicted the Army officials of killing 5 civilians and terming them militants.
"The closure report has created a lot of confusion as the CBI has already established a case against the Army officials describing the killing of five civilians at Pathribal as a cold-blooded murder.
"In such circumstances, the government should, without any delay, act on the CBI findings and punish the guilty," the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik
- It's Giggs' Mumbai vs Solgado's Kochi in Premier Futsal final
- Two Maoists gunned down by security forces in Chhattisgarh