Anna`s remarks on Kashmir a moral bankruptcy: JKLF
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir Liberation
Front, headed by Mohammad Yasin Malik, today said activist
Anna Hazare`s remarks on Kashmir is the "worst example of
intellectual impropriety and moral bankruptcy".
"Hazare’s statement (that Kashmir is an integral part
of India) is the worst example of intellectual impropriety and
moral bankruptcy," Malik said in a statement here.
Attacking Hazare, he said "those who brand themselves as
an image of Gandhiji are actually trying to mislead the
"Hazare visited Kashmir in 1998 and even came to my
residence. He spoke of human rights violations and advocated
restoration of political rights of the people. His latest
statement on Kashmir has surprised everyone," Malik said.
The separatist leader accused Hazare of being aligned
with the RSS. "He is still wearing the RSS nicker (shorts)
under the Khadi of Gandhiji."
Hazare, reacting to a statement of his team member and
noted Supreme Court lawyer Prashant Bhushan, said Kashmir is
an intergal part of the country.
Bhushan had recently said a plebsicite could be an
option for settling the Kashmir issue, remarks for which he
was attacked by some youth in his chambers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed