Another batch of 2,975 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 2,975 pilgrims on Sunday left for the Amarnath cave shrine situated in south Kashmir`s Himalayas.
Amid tight security, the pilgrims comprising 2,065 men, 670 women, 92 children, besides 148 sadhus, left in a cavalcade of 112 vehicles at around 5 AM from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu, a police official said.
The convoy has already crossed Chanderkote on Jammu- Srinagar National Highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 73,644 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family