Another batch of 2,975 pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: A fresh batch of 2,975 pilgrims on Sunday left for the Amarnath cave shrine situated in south Kashmir`s Himalayas.
Amid tight security, the pilgrims comprising 2,065 men, 670 women, 92 children, besides 148 sadhus, left in a cavalcade of 112 vehicles at around 5 AM from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu, a police official said.
The convoy has already crossed Chanderkote on Jammu- Srinagar National Highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir Valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 73,644 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre