Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath shrine
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 2,234 pilgrims on friday, left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas from the base camp here.
The batch, including 1,538 men, 447 women and 48 children, left in a convoy of 66 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp here at 4:20 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Udhampur district and the pilgrims would reach their respective destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by the evening.
As many as 12,103 pilgrims have so far left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie