Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 19th batch of 2,003 pilgrims on Tuesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
The pilgrims comprising 1,372 men, 460 women and 26 children, left from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 58 vehicles at 4:15 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
As many as 36,420 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!