Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath Yatra
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 21st batch of pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 1,255 pilgrims, including 239 women and 10 children, left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 41 vehicles at 4:10 am, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 39,258 pilgrims has so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?