Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 26th batch of pilgrims on Tuesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 1,315 pilgrims, including 898 men, 310 women and 7 children, left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 42 vehicles at 4:10 am, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 46,717 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory