Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 28th batch of pilgrims on Thursday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 1,045 pilgrims, including 628 men, 219 women and 5 children, left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 28 vehicles at 4:50 am, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 49,205 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij