Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 29th batch of pilgrims on Friday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 823 pilgrims, including 538 men, 176 women and 8 children, left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 22 vehicles at 4:10 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 50,028 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report