Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 31st batch of pilgrims today left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 599 pilgrims, including 294 men, 103 women and 2 children, left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 18 vehicles at 4:28 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 51,255 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials