Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 33rd batch of pilgrims Tuesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 357 pilgrims, including 228 men, 27 women and two children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 10 vehicles at 4:05 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 52,072 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why