Another batch of devotees leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, the 33rd batch of pilgrims Tuesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from here.
As many as 357 pilgrims, including 228 men, 27 women and two children left from the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu in a cavalcade of 10 vehicles at 4:05 AM, police said.
The convoy has already crossed Kud on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway and would reach their destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
With today`s batch, a total of 52,072 pilgrims have so far left from the Jammu base camp for the Amarnath shrine.
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day
- Shocking: Woman abducted in Bengaluru, escapes rape bid after raising alarm
- Indian weightlifters earn two quota places for Olympics
- ISIS sex slave kidnapped by Indian-origin Islamic State terrorist Siddhartha Dhar
- Italy cites UN arbitration court, says India should release Italian marine