Another batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,025 pilgrims today left for Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,761 men, 999 women, 65 children and 200 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 130 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0530 hours for Amarnath.
With today`s batch, as many as 49,000 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years