Another batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,025 pilgrims today left for Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,761 men, 999 women, 65 children and 200 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 130 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0530 hours for Amarnath.
With today`s batch, as many as 49,000 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine of Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket