Another batch of pilgrims leave for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 1,812 pilgrims on Friday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in the south Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 1,398 men, 389 women and 25 children left in a cavalcade of 48 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours for Amarnath.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chanderkote on Jammu-Srinagar National highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 84,775 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Getting out of bad relationship good for your health
- Why photoshop them? Try saffron, apples to get 'real armpits'
- Arvind Kejriwal says Modi declaring emergency in Delhi after AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya's arrest in assault case
- Why was Pulkit Samrat miffed with paparazzi? – Know here
- Heavy rainfall forecast in Karnataka as monsoon advances