Another batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 4,855 pilgrims on Tuesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 2,641 men, 1,775 women, 141 children and 298 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 130 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours.
With today`s batch, as many as 56,857 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the cave shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report