Another batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 2,351 pilgrims on Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir`s Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 1,519 men, 473 women, 61 children and 298 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 69 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours, a police official said.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chanderkote on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 75,995 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?