Another batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 2,351 pilgrims on Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir`s Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 1,519 men, 473 women, 61 children and 298 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 69 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours, a police official said.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chanderkote on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 75,995 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet