Another batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 2,351 pilgrims on Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir`s Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 1,519 men, 473 women, 61 children and 298 sadhus left in a cavalcade of 69 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0500 hours, a police official said.
The convoy of yatra has already crossed Chanderkote on Jammu-Srinagar National Highway towards base camps of Pahalgam in Kashmir valley.
With today`s batch, as many as 75,995 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to the shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?