Another batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 888 pilgrims on Tuesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 545 men, 178 women, 16 children and 149 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 33 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0520 hours.
With today`s batch, as many as 89,539 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday