Another batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 888 pilgrims on Tuesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 545 men, 178 women, 16 children and 149 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 33 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0520 hours.
With today`s batch, as many as 89,539 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31