Another batch of pilgrims leaves for Amarnath
Jammu: Amid tight security, a fresh batch of 888 pilgrims on Tuesday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in South Kashmir Himalayas.
The pilgrims comprising 545 men, 178 women, 16 children and 149 `sadhus` left in a cavalcade of 33 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu at around 0520 hours.
With today`s batch, as many as 89,539 pilgrims have left Jammu for their onward journey to Amarnath.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation