Another body recovered from Kashmir gunfight site
Srinagar: Security forces on Thursday recovered another body from the site of the gunfight in south Kashmir Pulwama district, and army sources said the second slain guerrilla could be a foreign national.
Security forces on Wednesday killed the self-styled divisional commander of the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) guerrilla outfit in Ichgosa village of Pulwama district. While the gunfight ended on Wednesday evening, searches by security forces at the site only started on Thursday morning.
"We have recovered another body from the site. Our information indicated that two terrorists had been hiding in the village when the encounter started," a defence source said.
"The self-styled divisional commander was killed yesterday (Wednesday) and his body had been recovered. Today we recovered a second body, of another terrorist killed, who is most likely a foreigner. We are still to establish his identity," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged