Another body recovered from Kashmir gunfight site
Srinagar: Security forces on Thursday recovered another body from the site of the gunfight in south Kashmir Pulwama district, and army sources said the second slain guerrilla could be a foreign national.
Security forces on Wednesday killed the self-styled divisional commander of the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) guerrilla outfit in Ichgosa village of Pulwama district. While the gunfight ended on Wednesday evening, searches by security forces at the site only started on Thursday morning.
"We have recovered another body from the site. Our information indicated that two terrorists had been hiding in the village when the encounter started," a defence source said.
"The self-styled divisional commander was killed yesterday (Wednesday) and his body had been recovered. Today we recovered a second body, of another terrorist killed, who is most likely a foreigner. We are still to establish his identity," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police