Another body recovered from Kashmir gunfight site
Srinagar: Security forces on Thursday recovered another body from the site of the gunfight in south Kashmir Pulwama district, and army sources said the second slain guerrilla could be a foreign national.
Security forces on Wednesday killed the self-styled divisional commander of the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) guerrilla outfit in Ichgosa village of Pulwama district. While the gunfight ended on Wednesday evening, searches by security forces at the site only started on Thursday morning.
"We have recovered another body from the site. Our information indicated that two terrorists had been hiding in the village when the encounter started," a defence source said.
"The self-styled divisional commander was killed yesterday (Wednesday) and his body had been recovered. Today we recovered a second body, of another terrorist killed, who is most likely a foreigner. We are still to establish his identity," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union