Another ceasefire violation by Pakistan in Samba sector in J&K
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Yet another ceasefire violation has been reported in Jammu and Kashmir by Pakistan in the Samba sector on Tuesday.
As per reports, the Pakistani troops fired at border outpost in the Samba sector.
The BSF is said to have retaliated and no casualty has been reported so far.
Earlier on June 13, Pakistan troops violated the ceasefire by targeting Indian posts along the LoC in Poonch sector of J&K with heavy firing and mortar shelling, drawing retaliation by Indian forces, PTI reported.
In Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah had questioned the timing of the ceasefire violation a day ahead of Defence Minister Arun Jaitley`s first visit to the state since assuming office. Jaitley visited the state on Saturday.
Pakistan troops fired 81-mm mortar shells and directed automatic and small-arms fire at Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in the Mendhar-BhimberGali-Keri forward areas of Poonch district at around 0730 hours today, a senior Army officer had said after the incident.
No casualty or damage has been reported on this side of the LoC due to the firing, he had added.
He had also said that Indian troops guarding the border effectively replied with similar calibre weapons and had confirmed that the "exchanges occurred in three forward areas".
Omar had said that the ceasefire violations in the Rajouri and Poonch areas were significant as some of shells had landed in civilian areas.
The firing came a day after an IED blast in the Tarkundi forward area along the LoC in Poonch in which one jawan was killed and three others injured.
Between end of April and mid-May, 19 incidents of ceasefire violation were reported along the LoC in J&K, as per an estimate.
In 2013, 12 jawans were killed and 41 injured in 149 ceasefire violations and firing incidents by Pakistan troops on forward posts, civilian areas and patrolling parties along the Indo-Pak border.
With PTI reports
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray