Another encounter: Terrorists holed up in J&K house
Srinagar: Yet another encounter with suspected terrorists began in Kashmir on Monday with reports of 2-3 militants being holed up in the Pulwama district.
On receiving an intelligence tip-off, the security forces descended on the Kellar region of South Kashmir, 30 kms away from Srinagar, and challenged the inhabitants. When shots were fired from the house, a full encounter began.
Intelligence suggests at least one of the terrorists is a foreigner.
CRPF, police and Army are engaged in the operation which may stretch put to tomoroow if the forces decide to halt it due to failing light.
Two LeT terrorists were killed by security forces this morning in an encounter in Pulwama on January 9.
A day before, two more militants were struck down in an over 30-hr siege at the Lal Chowk in Srinagar.
Monday’s encounter began even as there was a heavy cross-border firing from the
Pakistan side on Sabzain Forward Defence Location along the
Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district around 1130 hours
today. Indian troops retaliated resulting in exchange of fire
for half-an-hour during which sepoy Shurvir Singh was killed.
Earlier, militants triggered a blast to cut into the
border fencing in Akhnoor sector of Jammu in the wee hours but
BSF troops foiled their attempt after a fierce gunfight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price