Anti-Islam video: US citizens asked to leave Kashmir
Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad has asked all US citizens in the Valley to "immediately leave" the state in wake of the controversial video which has hurt the sentiment of Muslim community.
"The US citizens visiting Kashmir should leave immediately as the sentiments of the Muslims have been hurt by these pictures," Ahmad said.
“People are really agitated; I have told American tourists to leave for their own safety,” he added.
The government doesn’t have control over people when they are agitated, Ahmad said, adding the tourists who are here must be protected.
The Grand Mufti said the blasphemous content on Internet about the Prophet is highly condemnable.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA