Anti-Islam video: US citizens asked to leave Kashmir
Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad has asked all US citizens in the Valley to "immediately leave" the state in wake of the controversial video which has hurt the sentiment of Muslim community.
"The US citizens visiting Kashmir should leave immediately as the sentiments of the Muslims have been hurt by these pictures," Ahmad said.
“People are really agitated; I have told American tourists to leave for their own safety,” he added.
The government doesn’t have control over people when they are agitated, Ahmad said, adding the tourists who are here must be protected.
The Grand Mufti said the blasphemous content on Internet about the Prophet is highly condemnable.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President