Anti-Islam video: US citizens asked to leave Kashmir
Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad has asked all US citizens in the Valley to "immediately leave" the state in wake of the controversial video which has hurt the sentiment of Muslim community.
"The US citizens visiting Kashmir should leave immediately as the sentiments of the Muslims have been hurt by these pictures," Ahmad said.
“People are really agitated; I have told American tourists to leave for their own safety,” he added.
The government doesn’t have control over people when they are agitated, Ahmad said, adding the tourists who are here must be protected.
The Grand Mufti said the blasphemous content on Internet about the Prophet is highly condemnable.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam