Anti-Islam video: US citizens asked to leave Kashmir
Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad has asked all US citizens in the Valley to "immediately leave" the state in wake of the controversial video which has hurt the sentiment of Muslim community.
"The US citizens visiting Kashmir should leave immediately as the sentiments of the Muslims have been hurt by these pictures," Ahmad said.
“People are really agitated; I have told American tourists to leave for their own safety,” he added.
The government doesn’t have control over people when they are agitated, Ahmad said, adding the tourists who are here must be protected.
The Grand Mufti said the blasphemous content on Internet about the Prophet is highly condemnable.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi