Anti-Islam video: US citizens asked to leave Kashmir
Srinagar: Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir Bashiruddin Ahmad has asked all US citizens in the Valley to "immediately leave" the state in wake of the controversial video which has hurt the sentiment of Muslim community.
"The US citizens visiting Kashmir should leave immediately as the sentiments of the Muslims have been hurt by these pictures," Ahmad said.
“People are really agitated; I have told American tourists to leave for their own safety,” he added.
The government doesn’t have control over people when they are agitated, Ahmad said, adding the tourists who are here must be protected.
The Grand Mufti said the blasphemous content on Internet about the Prophet is highly condemnable.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply