Anti-militancy ops should avoid collateral damage: J&K DGP
Jammu: Asserting that fight against militancy would continue in Jammu and Kashmir till lasting peace prevails, state police chief K Rajendra Kumar has said that effective strategy needs to be adopted in anti-militancy operations to avoid collateral damage.
The Director General of Police, addressing his maiden police Darbar at District Police Lines here last evening, also underscored the need for transparency in the day-to-day functioning of police to bring about a positive change in public perception about the force.
"Anti-militancy operations needs to be conducted, adopting an effective strategy to avoid collateral damages and unnecessary inconvenience to law abiding people," he said.
Appreciating the role of jawans and officers, the DGP said that Jammu and Kashmir Police has demonstrated great valour and courage while fighting militancy in the state and saved precious lives and property of public.
"Police have primary role in maintaining peace and order in the society to ensure dignity and honour of common man. Our fight against militancy would continue till lasting peace prevails in the state," he said.
Asking the cops to make public service their motto, Kumar said that the state police has a long history of public service which should be continued to strengthen the image of the organisation among the masses.
He said that "men in uniform" performing at every nook and corner of the state represents the force and any petty mistake by any member of the police force would reflect the image of the organisation.
"It is the coordination among different wings of the organisation and public trust upon the cops, which would make our struggle against crime and social evils successful," he said.
Listening to grievances of jawans during the Durbar, the DGP assured that these would be looked into for appropriate action.
Talking about the welfare measures, the DGP said that welfare of jawans is on top of the state police agenda and the department has established a Central Welfare Fund for supporting jawans and their families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray