Anti-video protests continue in Srinagar
Srinagar: For the second straight day, protests raged in Srinagar Saturday against a blasphemous video that has sparked widespread anger against the US in the Middle East.
Dozens of students from a college gathered at Press Enclave in the heart of Srinagar shouting slogans against the US and Israel.
"The US and Israel do not want to live in peace with the Muslims. That is why such blasphemous acts are done to create unrest in the Muslim world," said one student.
Similar protests also took place in the old city area of Srinagar.
Authorities have deployed police and paramilitary forces in sensitive places to ensure that the protests do not turn violent.
Protests took place Friday in many places in Srinagar and in the northern district of Baramulla.
The US-made video, uploaded on YouTube, has been blocked by the authorities in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!