Anti-video protests continue in Srinagar
Srinagar: For the second straight day, protests raged in Srinagar Saturday against a blasphemous video that has sparked widespread anger against the US in the Middle East.
Dozens of students from a college gathered at Press Enclave in the heart of Srinagar shouting slogans against the US and Israel.
"The US and Israel do not want to live in peace with the Muslims. That is why such blasphemous acts are done to create unrest in the Muslim world," said one student.
Similar protests also took place in the old city area of Srinagar.
Authorities have deployed police and paramilitary forces in sensitive places to ensure that the protests do not turn violent.
Protests took place Friday in many places in Srinagar and in the northern district of Baramulla.
The US-made video, uploaded on YouTube, has been blocked by the authorities in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP