Anti-video protests continue in Srinagar
Srinagar: For the second straight day, protests raged in Srinagar Saturday against a blasphemous video that has sparked widespread anger against the US in the Middle East.
Dozens of students from a college gathered at Press Enclave in the heart of Srinagar shouting slogans against the US and Israel.
"The US and Israel do not want to live in peace with the Muslims. That is why such blasphemous acts are done to create unrest in the Muslim world," said one student.
Similar protests also took place in the old city area of Srinagar.
Authorities have deployed police and paramilitary forces in sensitive places to ensure that the protests do not turn violent.
Protests took place Friday in many places in Srinagar and in the northern district of Baramulla.
The US-made video, uploaded on YouTube, has been blocked by the authorities in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!