Anti-video protests continue in Srinagar
Srinagar: For the second straight day, protests raged in Srinagar Saturday against a blasphemous video that has sparked widespread anger against the US in the Middle East.
Dozens of students from a college gathered at Press Enclave in the heart of Srinagar shouting slogans against the US and Israel.
"The US and Israel do not want to live in peace with the Muslims. That is why such blasphemous acts are done to create unrest in the Muslim world," said one student.
Similar protests also took place in the old city area of Srinagar.
Authorities have deployed police and paramilitary forces in sensitive places to ensure that the protests do not turn violent.
Protests took place Friday in many places in Srinagar and in the northern district of Baramulla.
The US-made video, uploaded on YouTube, has been blocked by the authorities in Jammu and Kashmir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- No friction between Army, CRPF over Pampore operations: Northern Command
- Pakistan cannot 'conquer' Kashmir through war: Hina Rabbani Khar
- Militant killed in J&K encounter in Lolab area
- Facebook Messenger could soon let you undo sent messages
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn