APMCC wants national-level apex committee on Kashmiri migrants
Jammu: The All Parties Migrants` Coordination Committee (APMCC) on Sunday said the Narendra Modi government should set up a national-level apex committee to ensure dignified return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits.
"We urge the Narender Modi-led government to announce a national-level apex committee on Kashmiri migrants to decide the future course for the hapless community and formulate a fresh package for their dignified return and rehabilitation," APMCC chairman Vinod Pandit said.
He said Modi was serious towards resolving the miseries of Kashmiri Pandits, as well as the Kashmir issue, and added the best way to resolve any issue was through forming a national-level apex committee, which must include Kashmiri Pandit leadership working in Kashmir and non-migrants.
Welcoming the eagerness of the government to be headed by Modi to address the issues of Kashmiri Pandits for which the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has been asked to make a comprehensive report, Pandit said the new government must take into confidence the actual ground level leadership of Kashmiri Pandits before finalising any new package.
Pandit said the new government must not act like its predecessor to announce package without consulting the actual stake holders as that will render any attempt to resolve the issues as a "useless exercise".
He said the rehabilitation package must be practical and pragmatic besides being acceptable to all, and added that the government must also ensure a foolproof mechanism within the package for its implementation on ground level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi