APMCC wants national-level apex committee on Kashmiri migrants
Jammu: The All Parties Migrants` Coordination Committee (APMCC) on Sunday said the Narendra Modi government should set up a national-level apex committee to ensure dignified return and rehabilitation of Kashmiri Pandits.
"We urge the Narender Modi-led government to announce a national-level apex committee on Kashmiri migrants to decide the future course for the hapless community and formulate a fresh package for their dignified return and rehabilitation," APMCC chairman Vinod Pandit said.
He said Modi was serious towards resolving the miseries of Kashmiri Pandits, as well as the Kashmir issue, and added the best way to resolve any issue was through forming a national-level apex committee, which must include Kashmiri Pandit leadership working in Kashmir and non-migrants.
Welcoming the eagerness of the government to be headed by Modi to address the issues of Kashmiri Pandits for which the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has been asked to make a comprehensive report, Pandit said the new government must take into confidence the actual ground level leadership of Kashmiri Pandits before finalising any new package.
Pandit said the new government must not act like its predecessor to announce package without consulting the actual stake holders as that will render any attempt to resolve the issues as a "useless exercise".
He said the rehabilitation package must be practical and pragmatic besides being acceptable to all, and added that the government must also ensure a foolproof mechanism within the package for its implementation on ground level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh