Armed robbers loot train passengers
Jamui: Armed robbers looted cash and valuables from passengers of Mumbai-Asansol weekly train near Jamui Railway Station in Bihar`s Jamui district early Friday.
The robbers, numbering about 10, barged into a sleeper coach of the running train and looted Rs. 50,000 in cash and other valuables at gun point from 16 to 17 passengers at about 0030 hours, Jhajha GRP Station House Officer Shashibhushan Chaudhary said.
The robbers pulled the chain of the train to bring it to a halt before making good their escape near Khatauna halt, he said.
A case has been registered at Jhajha GRP on the basis of the complaint of the passengers, Chaudhary said, adding an investigation was underway in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves