Armed robbers loot train passengers
Jamui: Armed robbers looted cash and valuables from passengers of Mumbai-Asansol weekly train near Jamui Railway Station in Bihar`s Jamui district early Friday.
The robbers, numbering about 10, barged into a sleeper coach of the running train and looted Rs. 50,000 in cash and other valuables at gun point from 16 to 17 passengers at about 0030 hours, Jhajha GRP Station House Officer Shashibhushan Chaudhary said.
The robbers pulled the chain of the train to bring it to a halt before making good their escape near Khatauna halt, he said.
A case has been registered at Jhajha GRP on the basis of the complaint of the passengers, Chaudhary said, adding an investigation was underway in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan