Armed robbers loot train passengers
Jamui: Armed robbers looted cash and valuables from passengers of Mumbai-Asansol weekly train near Jamui Railway Station in Bihar`s Jamui district early Friday.
The robbers, numbering about 10, barged into a sleeper coach of the running train and looted Rs. 50,000 in cash and other valuables at gun point from 16 to 17 passengers at about 0030 hours, Jhajha GRP Station House Officer Shashibhushan Chaudhary said.
The robbers pulled the chain of the train to bring it to a halt before making good their escape near Khatauna halt, he said.
A case has been registered at Jhajha GRP on the basis of the complaint of the passengers, Chaudhary said, adding an investigation was underway in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player