Armed robbers loot train passengers
Jamui: Armed robbers looted cash and valuables from passengers of Mumbai-Asansol weekly train near Jamui Railway Station in Bihar`s Jamui district early Friday.
The robbers, numbering about 10, barged into a sleeper coach of the running train and looted Rs. 50,000 in cash and other valuables at gun point from 16 to 17 passengers at about 0030 hours, Jhajha GRP Station House Officer Shashibhushan Chaudhary said.
The robbers pulled the chain of the train to bring it to a halt before making good their escape near Khatauna halt, he said.
A case has been registered at Jhajha GRP on the basis of the complaint of the passengers, Chaudhary said, adding an investigation was underway in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015